Rule Change regarding Sharing Accounts

News and Events that were previously posted on Twitter will appear here
d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Rule Change regarding Sharing Accounts

Post by d1g1t »

Sharing accounts is not something I wish to allow. But it's also not a sort of rule I wish to enforce on small accounts that aren't playing the game in some competitive manner.

Users were upto now asked to Mark their shared accounts as secondary. Mainly to prevent users from pooling their resources to get into leaderboards.
But people have been misusing this to share 'intermediary' accounts for various reasons including buying and selling, and to 'giveaway' pokemon when they quit.
So I would like to close this 'loophole' of sorts by requiring users who share accounts to mark all their accounts as secondary, permanently.

I am also tired of people ending up with very complicated stories, during appeals, on the state of their accounts at various points in time, going from shared to unshared and back to shared with different people.

If persons who are sharing an account wish to separate, they should both make separate accounts and move the pokemon over. If any of the participants quit, leaving the account with a single owner, they should still create a new account and move their pokemon over.

In the coming days I will be adding a separate 'Shared Account' marking that cannot be removed. At that time, the rule text will be updated to reflect this.
Last edited by d1g1t on Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin of DelugeRPG

d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Post by d1g1t »

Looks like I'm tired of people giving away their accounts too. This is no longer allowed. People are free to give away their pokemon by making offers themselves from their account without making the other person log into it.
But you are no longer to give anyone your account.
Admin of DelugeRPG