Guide: Battle Mechanics — List of Estimated % Calculations for Battles in DelugeRPG & Others

All posts discussing the game go here
g0lden

Guide: Battle Mechanics — List of Estimated % Calculations for Battles in DelugeRPG & Others

Post by g0lden »

If you are reposting any information from here (especially on Discord), please credit me by providing the URL (https://f.pkmn.pw/6/27840) of this guide (except those under the credit of others if any).

In the top-position or high-ladder of competitive pokemon, the mastery of battle mechanics and damage calculations are essential to optimize to achieve the best performance in competitive battling. I have been into competitive pokemon battling for at least 10 years, I would like to share my knowledge of battle mechanics and the list of useful estimated % calculations for battles in DelugeRPG. These battle mechanics and calculations are only applied in DelugeRPG, not in the official pokemon video games or equivalent. I let the cat out of the bag!

Battle Mechanics
My categorisation of increased attack
+0 = Non-Legend
+1 = Non-Legend +Atk, or Legend, or Dark class non-legend
+2 = Legend +Atk, or Dark class Non-Legend +Atk, or Dark class Legend
+3 = Dark class Legend +Atk
The increased attack of mega pokemon is currently not categorized and you may consider their increased attack is "not enough to be categorized under +1 attack".

Difference between amount of increased attack for dark class, legend and +atk stat
Dark class >> Legend > +Atk stat

- Dark class is much greater than Legend or +Atk Stat but not greater enough to be separated from +1 attack category.
- Legend is only slightly greater than +Atk stat.
All based on experiences.

The List of Useful Estimated % Calculations for Battles in DelugeRPG
bp = base power (aka attack power in DelugeRPG, listed in Attack Dex). 200bp = z-move.
x2 / x4 = super effective for attack type vs. opponent's pokemon type. x1 = neutral damage on type chart.
OHKO = One Hit KO
hp = Hit Point. 400hp = all classes except shiny and chrome classes, 500hp = shiny class, 540hp = chrome class.
% = estimated percentage out of 100% to OHKO. 100% = guaranteed OHKO.
+1 def = Legend with no +def stat, or Non-Legend +def stat
+1A = +atk stat
+1L = Legend with no +atk stat
+1D = Dark class non-legend with no +atk stat
+2DL Dark class Legend with no +atk stat
STAB = Same Type Attack Bonus

- Those without name, I discovered all the estimated % calculations on my own.
- If you found any calculations that are not listed here, you can make a comment below for it to be added here with full credit given to your username in [username]. If I already knew the calculations long ago, and if you post them, you can take full credit for it under your username although I knew them long ago.
- If there's any mistake on any of the calculations above, don't be hesitate to make a comment to correct them, it would be corrected after the mistake was verified, and I will give credit to you for correcting it.

Probability of a Critical Hit from a Chrome pokemon in DelugeRPG
Date of experiment: 4th January 2023.
Used Pokemon: a Chrome pokemon
Total number of turns without a critical hit = 210
Total number of turns with a critical hit = 115
Total number of battles = 210+115
Probability of a critical hit for a chrome pokemon in DelugeRPG = 115/(210+115) x100% ≈ 35.38%
Probability of a critical hit for a non-chrome pokemon in DelugeRPG = 35.38%/1.5 ≈ 23.59%
This result is very consistent to my estimation of the probability of a critical hit for a chrome pokemon in DelugeRPG before the experiement, I have always estimated this to be noticeably lower than 50%, but higher than the official video game's probability. Those people who said a chrome pokemon has 50% chance of landing a critical hit every turn is certainly wrong. The DelugeRPG FAQ also stated "50% higher chances of a critical hit" which is different to having 50% chance of landing a critical hit every turn.

Number of battles could be slightly higher for more accurate results, but results are far from the official video games.
Image Source: bulbagarden.net - Critical hit

In the official video games, let's say taking the most famous one from Gen III to Gen VI, the probability of critical hit is 6.25% for +0, which is 3 to 4 times lower probability than the probability of critical hit for a non-chrome pokemon in DelugeRPG.

FAQ:
Q: What are the purposes of this knowledge of battle mechanics and the list of estimated % calculations?
A: These calculations are meant for people who are good or capable in recognising such technical details to:
1) Experiment on the game battles, for whatever good reasons.
2) Create trainers for exp training and coins.
3) Improve skills in live battles.
4) Making your own team for trainer challenge and gmax challenge, or any other teams.
5) Other battling related purposes.

Q: What are the sources of this knowledge of battle mechanics and the list of estimated % calculations?
A: I discovered all the estimated % calculations on my own (for those without name).
1) I would say about 50% of the estimated % calculations came from my practical experiences of Trainer Challenge that I already achieved Rank #1 and a long streak of 1st to reach, starting from new account.
2) Another about 50% of the estimated % calculations came from my practical experiences of exp training from the beginning of my account creation to my period of Patreon subscription of exp training using my guide of fastest formula of exp training.

Q: What have this knowledge of battle mechanics and this list of estimated % calculations contributed to my knowledge/skills of battles in DelugeRPG?
A:
1) Building and optimizing a better trainer challenge team for myself, and calculated all attacks on all specific pokemon in trainer challenge.
2) The original +N column theory of the need of increased attack from my guide of fastest formula of exp training & coins (23rd Oct 2022) originated from this knowledge of battle mechanics and this list of estimated % calculations. This is my way of doing Trainer Challenge using dark class offensively aiming to OHKO. I wrote them because I have a personality/desperateness/goal of aiming to OHKO using dark class, legends and/or atk stat, this is the original mentality of the original +N column theory of the need of increased attack. Refer to next point for more relevant information.
3) The original of the need to note "watch out for shiny/chrome" in my tables from my guide of fastest formula of exp training & coins (23rd Oct 2022) originated from this knowledge of battle mechanics and this list of estimated % calculations. I wrote them because I have a personality of aiming to OHKO using dark class, mainly came from trainer challenge and gmax challenge, and later I applied them to exp training. Furthermore, in day 5 of my guide of fastest formula for exp training & coins, the reason why I made a mistake selecting VIP Steven over UT Ash in the beginning is because I am desperately aiming for OHKO and I had always previously think that the fact that I may not OHKO chrome pikachu put UT Ash into a huge disadvantage of slowing down. I made that decision BEFORE I created the existence of 2nd slot pokemon. Later on, after I created the existence of 2nd slot pokemon, in this case, water+flying, I forgot to look back into this decision of picking VIP Steven vs. UT Ash in day 5. I realized it later on that I have flying STAB to OHKO chrome pikachu so that's the decision to switch to UT Ash over VIP Steven in day 5. This proves my desperateness of aiming for OHKO, also came from my Trainer challenge's team and personality - this is the original mentality, experiences, personality and decisions, along with this list of estimated % calculations to form the existence of the need to note "watch out for shiny/chrome" in my tables from my guide of fastest formula of exp training & coins.
4) The reason why I selected the pokemon types for my day 9's VIP Lance (6 pokemon) in my guide of fastest formula for exp training & coins (23rd Oct 2022). The reason why I set water+rock for first pokemon is because it is not weak to any moves from opponent and the reason why I set rock+fairy for 2nd pokemon is because I needed the immune from dragon moves (this is the main reason why there are VIP Drake and ST Giovanni on the same day after being fed up to them - the dragon moves are too offensive that increase probability of pokemon fainting) and rock+fairy is weak to water moves from opponent, this is why it is lesser viable for 1st slot. Another reason why I selected rock+fairy (and water+rock) over other non-rock type (for example: steel+fairy is far lesser viable for day 9's VIP Lance (6 pokemon)) is because I needed the rock STAB to OHKO chrome dragonite. Without rock STAB, it will not OHKO chrome dragonite. - all came from my practical experiences of exp training, it is compulsory to use rock STAB for day 9's VIP Lance (6 pokemon) all because of the existence of a chrome pokemon.

My categorisation of increased attack, difference between amount of increased attack for dark class, legend and atk stat, and the list of useful estimated % calculations for battles are all completed writing in the same original raw note as the fastest formula for exp training and coins on Sep 2021.

There are a lot more advanced battle mechanics and battling skills that I knew in DelugeRPG.

Written by:
My IGN is g0lden
Last edited by g0lden on Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:13 am, edited 12 times in total.
g0lden