Battle

New to the game? Have any questions about the game that were not addressed in the FAQ or the Questions Page? Ask them here
Forum rules
Please do check if your question is already answered in the FAQ or the Questions Page

And use proper titles that are helpful to other people looking for an answer to the same question
KillerX-5

Battle

Post by KillerX-5 »

How come when I use my chrome furfou ts against chrome dialga ds , i use focus punch which is super effective but it always survives on like 10-59 hp and my Pokemon dies due to outrage even tho it is not even super effective...always! Can someone please explain this? And what is critical rate cus it never happened to me....

Heodenings_Waltz

Post by Heodenings_Waltz »

Your opponent, Chrome Dialga +Def +Spe,:
  • has +Defense.
  • is a legendary pokemon(legendary pokemon have slightly higher attack and defense compare to non-legendary).
  • is a Chrome class (35% more HP and 50% higher chances of a critical hit).

KillerX-5 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:39 am i use focus punch which is super effective but it always survives on like 10-59 hp
Given the points above, it has the maximum hp and defense that it can have against attacks. It may survive even against a super effective highest attack power non-Z-move attack (AP= 150; just like your given scenario) specially if your Chrome Furfrou TS did not land a critical hit. Also, the STAB did not take into effect in your battle since you used Focus Punch which is a Fighting-type attack while your Furfrou is a Normal-type pokemon.

KillerX-5 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:39 am my Pokemon dies due to outrage even tho it is not even super effective...always!
Although it is a neutral damage output (x1), it will still give significant damage to your Chrome Furfrou TS.
  • Outrage has an attack power of 140 (second to the highest non-Z-move attack power).
  • Legendary pokemon have slightly higher attack and defense compare to non-legendary.
  • In addition to its legendary benefits, the STAB will also take into effect (Outrage is a Dragon-type attack) and increase its damage output.
  • And 50% higher chances of a critical hit because of its class.

To conclude, If the STAB is present, it will increase your pokemon's damage output making Chrome Dialga +Def +Spe faint in one turn. To make it sure, I battled a Chrome Dialga +Atk +Def +Spe while using Chrome Timburr +Atk +Spe for the STAB. I used Focus Punch against it and the damage were: 643, 627, 636, 709, 1087, 1053, 658, 665, 718 and 627 (Yes, I battled it at least 10 times to collect samples). Enough damage for beating it in 1 turn.

KillerX-5

Post by KillerX-5 »

OMGGG TYSMMM.....just one doubt what is stab effect???...rest all i understood!!

Heodenings_Waltz

S.T.A.B. means Same-Type Attack Bonus. An additional increase to damage output to your opponent.

Just like the given example above, STAB is not in effect if you use Furfrou (Normal-type pokemon) and Focus Punch (Fighting-type) attack).

STAB is in effect if you use Timburr (Fighting-type) and Focus Punch (Fighting-type).

KillerX-5

Post by KillerX-5 »

Okay sir thank u , so basically for winning battles u will need at least 1 move of Pokemon typing and rest 3 can be different right sir?

Heodenings_Waltz

That is correct. That is to trigger the STAB for additional damage output.