Black overlay - Eyes hurt

You may not receive any response from the admin.
Note that the game is not being actively developed for quite sometime now. Any updates will be few and far in between.
Inactive threads older than a year are automatically deleted.
Forum rules
  • You may never receive a response from the admin if you post here.
  • Your suggestion may never be implemented.
  • Do not message the admin about your suggestion or thread.
  • Suggestions are not a popularity contest. Lots of people liking an idea has no bearing on whether it will be added.
  • Post in this section only if you understand the above.
  • Threads older than one year are automatically deleted.
thediamante

Black overlay - Eyes hurt

Post by thediamante »

Every time you make an action in this game it creates a dark overlay over the white and then goes back to the bright screen and as we all know there are a lot of actions required doing in this game. So everytime it loads it goes dark > bright > dark > bright > dark > bright reallyyyy quick and it hurts my eyes.

I'm getting old now, I used to play this when I was still in high school, my eyes can't handle it anymore. Is there a way to remove the black overlay when it loads?

edit: This is including the dark mode. It lessens the strain on the eyes, but overtime it still hurts.

I would really appreciate any help.

Thank you
Last edited by thediamante on Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Post by d1g1t »

Do you think making this a light grey color would help?
Admin of DelugeRPG

thediamante

Post by thediamante »

d1g1t wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:49 am Do you think making this a light grey color would help?
Is there a way for me to try?

But I guess yes it will lessen it because it will be much closer to the original color of the background before the overlay.
Lessening the opacity to somewhat gray would do it .. in theory.

Thanks for hearing me out
Last edited by thediamante on Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Post by d1g1t »

I've switched to a blurring effect instead of the dimming one. Hoping this helps. It's live on the site now.
Admin of DelugeRPG

No_Trading

Post by No_Trading »

can you make an option to bring the old effect back? in my case this blurring effect is what's making my eyes hurt.

thediamante

Post by thediamante »

It does hurt the eyes in a different way. I liked it at first though.

Do consider the people who will not like it though. I don't want people to hate it just for my expense.
Apparently, there are a lot of people who hate it based on discord chat.
I suggest just a gray like we initially talked about, for less change for people.

Thank you
Last edited by thediamante on Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Post by d1g1t »

The overlay is just transparent now. Perhaps this satisfies all parties.
Admin of DelugeRPG