Google Chrome shows 'Not secure' when browsing site

New to the game? Have any questions about the game that were not addressed in the FAQ or the Questions Page? Ask them here
Forum rules
Please do check if your question is already answered in the FAQ or the Questions Page

And use proper titles that are helpful to other people looking for an answer to the same question
Lucky-365

Google Chrome shows 'Not secure' when browsing site

Post by Lucky-365 »

hello sir ,i am getting delugerpg site is insecure for me , is it just for me or others too ? and how can i fix this?

https://imgur.com/a/SrelSUz
Last edited by d1g1t on Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Post by d1g1t »

How does it look if you disable all browser extensions?

Lucky-365

Post by Lucky-365 »

d1g1t wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:02 am How does it look if you disable all browser extensions?
sorry i dont understand sir , can you explain briefly

d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Post by d1g1t »

Then you can safely ignore it for the time being. Or try a different browser.

Explaining what browser extensions are or how to disable them would fall outside the scope of things I can help you with.

Lucky-365

Post by Lucky-365 »

ok sir

d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Post by d1g1t »

My best guess is you are on a network that snoops on your internet traffic in order to block certain sites, such as a work or school network. In that case, you may see this on some other websites too.

Other guesses are that you are on an outdated browser, or have certain browser extensions active that meddle with the site in the way that the browser detects as unsecured.

If you wish to investigate further, you can connect your phone to the same network and open the website and check if you get the same error.

Lucky-365

Post by Lucky-365 »

d1g1t wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:32 am My best guess is you are on a network that snoops on your internet traffic in order to block certain sites, such as a work or school network. In that case, you may see this on some other websites too.

Other guesses are that you are on an outdated browser, or have certain browser extensions active that meddle with the site in the way that the browser detects as unsecured.

If you wish to investigate further, you can connect your phone to the same network and open the website and check if you get the same error.
yes, i tried in phone ,and its fine in phone with same network sir

d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Post by d1g1t »

Further discussion on discord leads me to believe it's one of the ads that is trying to load an image over http. If you've updated your browser in the last four years, your browser will simply block this.

Assuming this is what you're seeing when you click 'Not Secure', it should be safe to ignore.
The advertiser will probably figure out their mistake and fix it.

Lucky-365

Post by Lucky-365 »

d1g1t wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:36 pm Further discussion on discord leads me to believe it's one of the ads that is trying to load an image over http. If you've updated your browser in the last four years, your browser will simply block this.

Assuming this is what you're seeing when you click 'Not Secure', it should be safe to ignore.
The advertiser will probably figure out their mistake and fix it.
yeah this is what im seeing when i click that ,Thank you sir for the reply