List of all Pokemon in an area?

New to the game? Have any questions about the game that were not addressed in the FAQ or the Questions Page? Ask them here
Forum rules
Please do check if your question is already answered in the FAQ or the Questions Page

And use proper titles that are helpful to other people looking for an answer to the same question
VioletBasculegion

List of all Pokemon in an area?

Post by VioletBasculegion »

Someone might have already asked this, but is there a quick compiled list for all Pokemon in an area and their rarity? It's kind of annoying to keep looking their names up in the dex. If there's no such thing it's fine.

d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Post by d1g1t »

At the bottom of the pokedex page is a 'Filter by Tile' option that tells you what pokemon appear on what tiles.

https://www.delugerpg.com/pages/pokemon-class has rarity by Class type.
https://www.delugerpg.com/pages/stats does the same for 'Stats'.
Legends appear about 1-2% of the time.

If you mean rarity in terms of trade values, it has nothing to do with the above. People pull numbers out of thin air that benefit themselves and their friends. That is why asking pokemon/exp values for trade is not allowed on the forums.

drallyowl

Post by drallyowl »

I think rarity here might be referring to the fact that the pokedex lists whether a pokemon is "common" "uncommon" "rare" or "very rare" next to the spawning location in their dex page, but this information is not available anywhere else
as someone who is pursuing an exercise in completionism, I would also appreciate having a way to easily sort this info, so I could better prioritize what region to look in the best chance of encountering things I don't already have.

VioletBasculegion

Post by VioletBasculegion »

When I say rarity.. I do mean the classes, but I meant a list of all Pokemon in a location (Ex. Pokemon in area 14).

d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Post by d1g1t »

VioletBasculegion wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:04 am When I say rarity.. I do mean the classes, but I meant a list of all Pokemon in a location (Ex. Pokemon in area 14).
Pokemon locations are set by tile types. A map may have multiple tiles types. While a list could be compiled per map using all the tiles it contains, it would not be very useful since you might look on the wrong tile. Map/Region/Area have no influence.
drallyowl wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:01 pm I think rarity here might be referring to the fact that the pokedex lists whether a pokemon is "common" "uncommon" "rare" or "very rare" next to the spawning location in their dex page, but this information is not available anywhere else
as someone who is pursuing an exercise in completionism, I would also appreciate having a way to easily sort this info, so I could better prioritize what region to look in the best chance of encountering things I don't already have.
This doesn't map down to specific numbers. Legendary pokemon appear as 'Very Rare', because of the legend spawn rate. Certain evolved pokemon that appear on the maps directly at a low rate appear as 'Rare'. While their base forme may appear as 'Common'. Pokemon that have a lot of different evolutions may have a slightly higher spawn rate.
Pokemon in general will have more or less the same appearance rate as others in their group. Even though some will 'feel' like that appear more often.
This will not help anyone trying to complete the pokedex strategy-wise. Other that look on the right tile and hope for the best.

That said, people are free to compile and share lists here if they think it'll help as a placebo.