Exp Mechanics: How does it work?

New to the game? Have any questions about the game that were not addressed in the FAQ or the Questions Page? Ask them here
Forum rules
Please do check if your question is already answered in the FAQ or the Questions Page

And use proper titles that are helpful to other people looking for an answer to the same question
ShadowGuardian7

Exp Mechanics: How does it work?

Post by ShadowGuardian7 »

Hello, I have a question about the exp mechanics. As of late, I've been following an exp grind tip guide that was posted by d1g1t, giving an example of what should be used for what pokemon. It works absolutely wonderfully, but I remember hearing that the higher that the exp for a certain pokemon has, the less exp it will earn. The reason this is a concern, is I use a certain pokemon (we'll call it Pokemon A) to train another pokemon (Pokemon B). A is level 100, and it has a great move build, and +spe. Pokemon B is whatever pokemon I'd like to level to 100. B gets switched out whenever it hits level 100, and is swapped for a different pokemon, to raise to level 100. So I have multiple questions regarding this certain situation.
chrome zekrom, 1000000, spe
mirage heracross, 2000

1: What is the maximum Exp limit for Pokemon A?
2: Is there an Exp penalty for Pokemon A having a certain amount of exp or more?
3: If so, does both Pokemon A and B gain that penalty, and if so, how much is the penalty?
4: If Pokemon A reaches the maximum Exp limit, will it no longer be able to be used, or will it just no longer receive exp?
5: If Pokemon A no longer receives exp, can I still use Pokemon A to grind exp for Pokemon B?

Heodenings_Waltz

Post by Heodenings_Waltz »

ShadowGuardian7 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:28 pm ...I use a certain pokemon (we'll call it Pokemon A) to train another pokemon (Pokemon B). A is level 100, and it has a great move build, and +spe. Pokemon B is whatever pokemon I'd like to level to 100. B gets switched out whenever it hits level 100, and is swapped for a different pokemon, to raise to level 100. So I have multiple questions regarding this certain situation.
That's hard and will take too long to level up your other pokemon to level 100. If you are using the 'Training Accounts', a low level pokemon can
single-handedly it.

1) & 2) Regarding exp penalties: https://www.delugerpg.com/pages/questions#limitexp & https://www.delugerpg.com/pages/questions#limitbattles
3) Yes, both of your pokemon.