Battle Opponent Changes to 'null'

Report all bugs here. Create a separate thread for each bug.
Please choose a proper title that sums up your issue. And please explain the problem in detail.
Inactive threads older than a year are automatically deleted.
Forum rules
  • Please create a separate thread of each bug
  • Please read the troubleshooting link before posting here - https://www.delugerpg.com/pages/troubleshooting
  • If the site goes down for whatever reason and and an error page is shown, please don't report it as a bug
  • Please provide as much information as you can, such as what you were expecting to happen, what happened and the steps to reproduce the problem
  • Mention whether you're facing this issue on the mobile version of the website or the desktop version. You do not need to test both, just mention where you faced it.
  • Mention what device you're using (Whether it's a Phone, Tablet or PC/Laptop)
  • Mention what operating system you're using (Android/iOS/Windows/Mac/Linux etc)
  • Mention what browser you're using (Google Chrome/Firefox/Safari etc)
Celiste

Post by Celiste »

this has happened at least 5 times to me today already, keep getting towards player 'null'

Legend_hntr

Post by Legend_hntr »

Tapu_Kingdom wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:57 am Not only that, you do a league continuously
I mean gym battle
U will get redirected to homepage of gymbattle i.e. kanto league

Few times in inverse battle with trainers becomes normal battle
I have faced dis issue too

LK__228

Post by LK__228 »

Yeah bt its rare so its much of a huge problem

d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Post by d1g1t »

It would help a lot if anyone can find a pattern to it.

What stage of the battle are you in when it happens?
Does it happen more often to specific trainers than others?
Does it happen more often on the mobile website than the desktop one?
Is it only happening when you train pokemon of certain exp?
Is it only happening when you train pokemon with certain stats?

Anything that helps narrow it down would be helpful.
I've spent quite some time doing the battles mentioned here and in the other bug report about inverse battles, and I can't get it to happen to me.

I know it's happening to people. But I cannot fix it unless I get it to happen to me.
So if you notice anything that causes this problem to happen more often, please post that here.

---
On further investigation it appears that the browsers of the people this is happening to, are randomly removing the last part of the url and replacing it with 'null' and sending multiple requests
When you are at /battle/challenge, it goes to /battle/null, which gives an error.
But when you are at /battle/trainer/382/inverse, it makes a request to /battle/trainer/382/null which causes a new battle to start which is not inverse
When you are at /battle/trainer/382, it makes a request to /battle/trainer/null, which tries to start a new battle and breaks the current battle.

So these two bugs appear to be related.

If my theory is correct, and it is some kind of bad background request, I've made it so it doesn't cause battles/maps to mess up
Last edited by d1g1t on Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Admin of DelugeRPG

Tapu_Kingdom

Post by Tapu_Kingdom »

Sir you click on s-water or some othere username in user battle
You continously battle the same user, you will get redirected to user battle with username called null, even he is a player in DelugeRPG

d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Post by d1g1t »

Tapu_Kingdom wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:45 am Sir you click on s-water or some othere username in user battle
You continously battle the same user, you will get redirected to user battle with username called null, even he is a player in DelugeRPG
You're just repeating what people have already said
Admin of DelugeRPG

wk1399

Post by wk1399 »

S sir with me also its happened more with s-water

But ii think this happens in desktop

As i tried mobile it doesn't happened

I don't know perfectly is that happens in mobile or not

Because i played nearly 50 matches in mobile with s-water it doesn't happened
Last edited by wk1399 on Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crowsarebest

Post by Crowsarebest »

Actually it happens in mobile also
And I think this happens because the opponent is s-null which is similar to s-water.

d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Post by d1g1t »

Let us limit the thread to talking about instances of this bug happening AFTER this post.
Admin of DelugeRPG

LK__228

Post by LK__228 »

Tapu_Kingdom wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:45 am Sir you click on s-water or some othere username in user battle
could you tell me how many times must i battle? as wanna get proofs etc