Game Rules For Dummies [Updated 27 January 2024]

New to the game? Have any questions about the game that were not addressed in the FAQ or the Questions Page? Ask them here
Forum rules
Please do check if your question is already answered in the FAQ or the Questions Page

And use proper titles that are helpful to other people looking for an answer to the same question
d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Game Rules For Dummies [Updated 27 January 2024]

Post by d1g1t »

This page explains the purpose of each game rule there is and the spirit in which they're enforced.

Behaviour
  • Swearing, Spamming, Threatening, Impersonating, Harassing, Blackmailing or posting hateful messages to other users - in-game, on the forums, chat, our social media pages.
  • Using inappropriate usernames, avatars or pokemon nicknames. Also do not use as avatars, celebrity faces or faces of other people.
  • Apparently some people need to be told this. Any promotion of alcohol/drugs/smoking/banned substances or adult content will result in a ban. This is not a place to discuss or debate such topics.
Treat others with respect. Block people you're angry at if you have no self control.
  • Do not defame and insult other users in your profile message.
Because this is not the place for personal fights. If you think someone has broken the rules, report them. If you cannot or do not wish to do that, block them and move on.
Remember if this is allowed, anyone more popular than you can always accuse of you things you didn't do without offering evidence.
  • Purposely modifying messages to avoid the message filters may result in a ban.
If you purposely make my job of moderating the site difficult, you will be banned.

Abuse
  • Trying to modify or automate anything in the game using scripts or tools.
  • Using more than one account to bypass limitations of an account (such as, but not limited to, daily raffle/events/quick trades/battling/catching pokemon).
    • You may, however, keep a few additional accounts for storage, trading or handling trade messages.
    • You may not simultaneously train or catch pokemon on multiple accounts. You may not use your spare accounts for exp training.
    • Such accounts must be marked as Secondary Accounts under Profile Preferences.
    • You may have a maximum of 20k pokemon across all your accounts. (This includes everything in your box/trades/etc)
    • For Shared accounts this 20k limit includes all pokemon in all accounts of the sharers.
  • Abusing bugs or misusing any features of the game in any other way than for their intended purpose.
Because cheating/gaining an unfair advantage over ethical players is not okay. Some of these address the unnecessary stress on game servers.
'A few additional accounts' here should be around four or five. Any more should have a good justification.
"This one account is for all my pikachus" is not good justification.

Buying-Selling-Sharing
  • Trading or buying/selling your DelugeRPG accounts/pokemon for actual money or items/accounts from another game. You may not trade accounts, or pokemon for accounts. Only trading of pokemon on DelugeRPG for other pokemon on DelugeRPG is allowed.
Because you cannot sell things you don't legally own. This also results in real world scams, which makes them crimes. I have come across too many stupid people that cannot tell the difference between breaking some rules on a website and breaking the law that can result in real world fines and detention.
You may also not sell/trade your pokemon for items/virtual currency from other sites/apps/games.
You are not allowed to trade your account for anything. You can only give away the pokemon within them and conditions regarding that are mentioned in this section of the rules.
  • Users conducting trade negotiations outside the game (such as on social media) for high exp Pokemon or Pokemon with all stats need to recreate the trade negotiation using in-game messages with the accounts involved in the trade.
This concerns people using social media networks for scamming and selling. You're free to continue negotiating with other users wherever you wish, simply create a summary conversation in-game with the other person.
If you have many such transactions with accounts that are caught buying/selling stuff, your accounts will be banned too. So document your high profile trades with in-game messages.
  • Users sharing accounts must Permanently mark all their accounts as Secondary Accounts under Profile Preferences. If you log into the game from someone else's device who also plays the game, you need to mark your accounts as Secondary.
Because the first gives groups of people an unfair advantage over those who play on their own.
And the second is a go-to fake excuse for people that break rules, especially those sharing accounts.
[Changed 2024/01/22] I'm tired of people dancing around this in various ways. People also abuse this when selling by moving pokemon to a secondary and then transferring ownership of the secondary so that it appears like secondary account trades for both persons. I'm also tired of hearing excuses in appeals about how it was their friend who did all the rule breaking.
So if you are someone who shares accounts and later decide to split, you with each create a new account and trade pokemon over and completely abandon the old account. I do not want people constantly switching between sharing and non-sharing.
  • Accounts are non-transferable. If a person wishes to quit and give away their pokemon, they should offer all the pokemon. They will not ask anyone to log into their account for the transfer.
[Changed 2024/01/23] Guess I'm tired of this too
  • If an account is inherited from someone else, both parties will be held responsible for any and all rule violations on the account.
  • Similarly, if you share your account with anyone else, you are responsible for any and all rule violations committed by any of the people sharing the account.
Because this is another one of those fake excuses people use to avoid consequences of their actions.
  • Accounts with more than 10,000 battles are not allowed to be shared by multiple users and may not switch owners. That is, if you're quitting, you may trade away your pokemon to others, but not the account itself. This is due to a high amount of conflicts among such users leading to increased reported issues.
Aside from the stated reason, this is to also limit the extent of hand-me-downs that people use to gain an advantage over new players. It also relates to the previous point.
This is limited to high profile accounts because I do not want to spend my time encorcing this on small inconsequencial accounts.
  • Any sort of 'Giveaway events' involving high exp pokemon (higher than 10M) or pokemon with all stats as prizes may only be conducted on the Official Forums or the Community Chat Discord Server.
Because people seem to believe creating fake conversations on facebook and holding pretend giveaways will hide their buying/selling habits. The fairness of these facebook giveaways is extremely questionable when the same people keep winning.
Last edited by d1g1t on Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:43 pm, edited 14 times in total.

d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Post by d1g1t »

Related Questions/Queries
  • I saw someone banned for things that aren't in the rules!!
    Bans have always been made for the above reasons even though the ban message may not make it too obvious at first glance. Going through the first post should make the reasons clear.
  • I would like clarification on a specific rule
    Make a post under the Questions subforum. State the full rule as it is shown in-game. And explain what part of it you're having problems understanding.
  • I got banned but you can't PROVE I did anything!!
    As far as things here go, they can only be proved to a limited extent. Bans will be made if something looks suspicious beyond a reasonable doubt.
    The same way, you cannot prove your ban is not a bug that only affects your accounts. You cannot prove that the admin is smart enough to fix such a weird bug. You cannot prove this post wasn't made by a cat.

You can only reach a reasonable conclusion using your past knowledge and experiences of things and what you know of the current situation. Such a 'bug' would look too suspicious. You have probably seen enough cats and judged their abilities to know they don't make forum posts. Sure there might be some person who has trained their cat to perform actions that eventually end up with sentences being typed. You're not going to assume that to be automatically true.

All you can do really is decide whether you believe the admin is responsible enough judge fairly and reasonably given the limited resources and evidence they have at hand.
    If you believe that to not be the case, quitting the game early is the best thing you can do.
  • I believe the person making the ban appeal and not the admin!
    That is entirely fair. You're better off believing the people you know rather the admin of some website.
    But it would be weird to continue playing with the expectation that the person you believe to be unfair to everyone else will be fair to you if that time comes.
  • Will I get banned for X? / I need clarification on a rule
    Read the first post more that once. If you're going to make a thread about it, post the specific rule that's causing your confusion.
    Do not post hypothetical examples. Be specific about what you're doing/what you plan to do that needs clarfication.

If the very basis of your question hinges on the belief that admin bans people for fake reasons or for reasons that aren't in the rules, it would be weird to expect such a person to give you a truthful reply just because you made a forum post.
    See previous reply if you believe people are banned with unfair and wrong motives.
Last edited by d1g1t on Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.