[Resolved] Unable to claim event

Report all bugs here. Create a separate thread for each bug.
Please choose a proper title that sums up your issue. And please explain the problem in detail.
Inactive threads older than a year are automatically deleted.
Forum rules
  • Please create a separate thread of each bug
  • Please read the troubleshooting link before posting here - https://www.delugerpg.com/pages/troubleshooting
  • If the site goes down for whatever reason and and an error page is shown, please don't report it as a bug
  • Please provide as much information as you can, such as what you were expecting to happen, what happened and the steps to reproduce the problem
MDesi

Re: Unable to claim event

Post by MDesi » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:26 pm

By 'go back to twitter' if you mean their app, no. Copy the event link from your twitter app and paste it in the browser where you are already logged in.
I won't go to twitter app.First open mobile version,then I go to the link which is given down, then click the option "claim event"immedietly I go to PC version by clicking it, then I log in again,and battle 10 times.Then what should I do?? I normally go back to the twitter link by clicking back option on the mobile!
Last edited by MDesi on Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Post by d1g1t » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:07 pm

I already listed all the possible combinations to claim it. I already said you're not supposed to switch versions or browsers.

If you are unable to claim the event because you aren't following the instructions, it's not a game bug
Admin of DelugeRPG. (Contact Info)

edcedc38

Post by edcedc38 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:09 pm

Sorry if my words sounded a bit harsh. I greatly appreciate all your help! Thank you very much!

MDesi

Post by MDesi » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:11 am

I tried in PC version though I cant claim :(

d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Post by d1g1t » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:10 am

edcedc38 wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:09 pm
Sorry if my words sounded a bit harsh. I greatly appreciate all your help! Thank you very much!
Nah, they weren't harsh
MDesi wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:11 am
I tried in PC version though I cant claim :(
Can the both of you post your usernames on which you're having this problem?
I hope you haven't marked them as secondary accounts.

edcedc38

Post by edcedc38 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:16 am

my username is the same as the forum: edcedc38
I do not have any other accounts.
Last edited by edcedc38 on Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

MDesi

Post by MDesi » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:18 am

Can the both of you post your usernames on which you're having this problem?
I hope you haven't marked them as secondary accounts.
Nope.... I didn't mark it as secondary...
My ign: MDesi
And some of my friends are also facing problems on claiming events :(

d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Post by d1g1t » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:16 am

I need you to do the following.
  1. Open the game in your desktop browser and log in
  2. Note down the in-game time (You can see this by clicking on your username at the top right)
  3. Take a full screenshot of the browser. (You can censor other tab/bookmarks or any other personal information. But I need to see the full browser window.)
  4. Go to DelugeRPG's twitter page within the browser, in another tab, and click on an active event link.
  5. Take a full screenshot of the browser tab with the event page open. (You can censor personal info as previously mentioned)
  6. Finish the battle requirement in your previous tab
  7. Click on the claim event button in the event tab
  8. Screenshot the resulting page
So the info I need is, the username, the in-game time this was attempted and the three screenshots mentioned
Last edited by d1g1t on Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

edcedc38

Post by edcedc38 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:27 am

When I finish step 5 and attempt to start my battles on previous tab, i get "session timed out. youll need to login again"...
https://imgur.com/WSnOy3M
https://imgur.com/bm3cOR5
https://imgur.com/NEoW98V
I can advance to this page though after logging in and pressing "return to the page you were previously viewing":
https://imgur.com/T8WXQfp
https://imgur.com/6JdEJZa

d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Post by d1g1t » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:18 am

Yeah, your browser is not sending the proper cookies when you click on the twitter link. This seems to happen each time. I don't know why that happening. My best guess is something installed in the browser or your operating system is causing this. (Cookies are what a site uses to know who you are, what account you are logged into. Sending the wrong one or not sending one makes the site think you're a different person trying to log in)

There is an easy workaround.
  1. Open your notepad.
  2. Open the event links from twitter.
  3. When the event page is open, copy the url and paste each event link into your notepad. (the www.delugerpg.com link and not the t.co link)
  4. Log into the site as normal, finish your 10 battles, then copy the links from your notepad one by one and claim the events.
I believe this will work.
Since this issue isn't on the deluge's side of things, there is nothing I can do to 'fix' this. I can't investigate since it works as expected on all systems and browsers I've tried.

Thank you very much for helping narrow this down.
Last edited by d1g1t on Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.