A world chat option

Suggestions are no longer accepted. You may not receive any response from the admin.
Note that the game is not being actively developed for quite sometime now. Any updates will be few and far in between.
Inactive threads older than a year are automatically deleted.
Forum rules
  • You may never receive a response from the admin if you post here.
  • Your suggestion may never be implemented.
  • Do not message the admin about your suggestion or thread.
  • Post in this section only if you understand the above.
  • Threads older than one year are automatically deleted.
Legend_hntr

A world chat option

Post by Legend_hntr »

I think if an option of global chat would be added it could be great.... I think people could find others to do live battle with, make frnds and also talk to... pls tell if it is a good idea ( to fellow maties ) and waiting for response admin sir... :D

ADDYISLIVE___

Post by ADDYISLIVE___ »

Yes like discord

Kandula

Post by Kandula »

Like a group chat for all DelugeRPG players

drallyowl

Post by drallyowl »

you guys realize that there is a delugerpg discord server, right?
there is a link to it in the "misc" tab of the site
Last edited by drallyowl on Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ADDYISLIVE___

Post by ADDYISLIVE___ »

drallyowl wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:37 pm you guys realize that there is a delugerpg discord server, right?
there is a link to it in the "misc" tab of the site
Yea but it would be easier if there is chat in deluge rpg itself

Kandula

Post by Kandula »

If it was there beside map, it will be great

wk1399

Post by wk1399 »

Kandula wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:12 am If it was there beside map, it will be great
Yes u r absolutely correct it would be helpful for the people who are not able to join discord server

drallyowl

Post by drallyowl »

first off: that would be one more thing to slow down the site and clutter up a screen that is already busy with ads.
additionally, consider how resource intensive maintaining and policing such a chat system would be, whereas maintaining and policing a discord server is much easier
and lastly, there is no reason why someone would be unable to join the discord server: it costs literally nothing to join a discord server, and you can do so just as easily on mobile as on desktop.

Kandula

Post by Kandula »

drallyowl wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:15 am first off: that would be one more thing to slow down the site and clutter up a screen that is already busy with ads.
additionally, consider how resource intensive maintaining and policing such a chat system would be, whereas maintaining and policing a discord server is much easier
and lastly, there is no reason why someone would be unable to join the discord server: it costs literally nothing to join a discord server, and you can do so just as easily on mobile as on desktop.
In my device javascript is disabled
I cannot use discord

drallyowl

Post by drallyowl »

does that also apply to the desktop/mobile app?
if so, I suspect it might also apply to any attempt to use a chatroom system implemented within a website, since that would likely also need to rely on javascript (although I could be wrong, I don't actually have any experience with these systems...).
there is also the issue of finding somewhere on the screen where a chatroom could be placed given that pretty much all non-vital screen space on the site (as well as a considerable portion of the screen which I'd argue is rather vital to gameplay, such as the bottom right corner of the screen, where the controls for the map are, and where the move selection buttons are in battle), are already generally covered by ads.