Banned for Suspicious Activity/Cheating FAQ

Read the subforum rules before making a post.
If your post is closed without a reply, that means your request has been denied. DO NOT create any more.
This section is NOT for requesting bans

These are deleted automatically after some time.
Forum rules
  • Do not make more than one thread about your ban.
  • You may not create any thread or post regarding others' accounts.
  • Clearly mention your username in the title and post.
  • Appeal post must be made within one month of the ban.
  • If your thread has been closed without any replies, that means your request was denied. DO NOT make another thread about it.
  • Unbans will not be made on emotional grounds because you're sorry. Do not plead and beg
  • An unban will only be made if the ban was a mistake or the admin believes the ban may have been harsh.
  • Accounts banned with the reason given as 'cheating' or 'suspicious activity' will not be unbanned.
  • Comparing your ban situation to another person's will result in an automatic denial of your unban request.
  • Lying here would be very stupid.
  • Read the sticky thread before making your appeal.
  • DO NOT reply to other people's appeals for any reason.
d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Banned for Suspicious Activity/Cheating FAQ

Post by d1g1t »

• I got banned and the ban message says 'Banned for suspicious activity/Banned for cheating'. I didn't do anything.
    This simply means cheating was detected on your account.
  • I was just looking at a profile when I got banned. Is looking at profiles against the rules??! / I wasn't even logged in when I got banned!
    The ban may not have anything to do with what you were doing when the ban was made.
    When someone is detected to be cheating, it gets logged. People do not get banned immediately. It may take many days or weeks from the time the cheating is first detected to the time that ban is made.
    The bans are made manually by me after reviewing the logs.
  • Why does it take that long?
    Early on, the bans used to be immediately and automatic. But that would help cheaters find out exactly what was being detected and how. Now they have to guess what tiny mistake they might have made in the entire duration of their cheating activity. Another purpose is to waste the time of cheaters and to frustrate them.
  • What is considered cheating?
    As far as these bans are concerned, it relates to using any sort of automation software to modify the game or to play the game for you.
  • OMG! I use GreaseMonkey/TamperMonkey for work/something else!!!
    Nice try. We don't check for what extensions you have installed. We only detect cheating. People are free to install whatever extensions they wish as long as they do not use it for automating the game or modifying the site.
  • I demand proof of my cheating!!!
    Yeah. I will never be sharing any details as to how you got caught. I'm a lazy person and I want to keep using the same old methods to catch you the next time if there is one.
  • Can I make a ban appeal?
    No.
  • Why not?
    Because these bans will never be removed regardless of what you have to say. No information as to what was detected or how will ever be shared. You're free to write a long appeal, but it's your own time you're wasting.
  • Why does it sometimes say 'suspicious activity'?
    So that you can save face and still keep the trust of your friends. Sometimes I feel the amount of cheating is excessive enough to just write 'banned for cheating'.
    There's no practical difference as far as the reason of the ban is concerned.
  • I will never admit I did it!
    That's alright. A confession doesn't change anything.
  • If you don't remove my ban, I will give my cheat script to everyone. ahahaha
    Those people may get banned too. Do what you want. I'm not your mom or theirs.
Last edited by d1g1t on Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Admin of DelugeRPG