Guide: Fastest/Best Formula for Exp Training & Coins

All posts discussing the game go here
g0lden

Guide: Fastest/Best Formula for Exp Training & Coins

Post by g0lden »

If you are reposting any information that you obtained here (especially on Discord), please credit me by providing the URL (https://f.pkmn.pw/6/27818) of this guide.

Ultimate trainers give the most exp in game, followed by VIP champions, followed by some strong trainers with 6 pokemon with nearly level 100, followed by VIP elite fours. Except VIP elite fours, the classes of pokemon in the opponent’s team changes daily for ultimate trainers, VIP champions and the strong trainers with 6 pokemon. This works in the cycle of 9 days (Day 1 to Day 9), then the cycle repeats itself. Each day starts on 12:00AM UTC Time(UTC+0)/5:30AM India Time(UTC+5:30)/8:00AM Philippines Time(UTC+8).

The golden rule of fastest exp training states that:
DON’T:
”Select a pokemon to train first, then select a suitable trainer for this selected pokemon.”
DO:
“Select the trainer which gives the highest exp-to-time ratio to train first, then select a suitable pokemon for this selected trainer.”

UT = Ultimate Trainer, ST = Strong Trainer

The “+N” column indicates the minimum required stage of attack stat that at least your first pokemon on your team should have:
+0 = Non-Legend Spe.
+1 = Non-Legend Atk Spe, or Legend Spe, or Dark class non-legend Spe.
+2 = Legend Atk Spe, or Dark class Non-Legend Atk Spe, or Dark class Legend Spe.
+3 = Dark class Legend Atk Spe

Some useful information to note:
1. This entire guide is well optimized based on the principle of using only maximum ONE manual move switching without switching back (one way) by battling Ultimate Trainer (the highest exp in game) in a repetitive predicted manner which is easy and fast, and underwent a proper type-chart analysis based on which type of pokemon you should use. As a pro advice, do not try battling any Ultimate Trainers with 2 or 3 manual moves switching (which is slow), and especially without a proper analysis on which pokemon types you are using (which does not work, since it keeps fainting). You will be much faster training exp & coins through VIP Drake or VIP Flint with correct setup than battling any Ultimate Trainers with 2 or 3 manual moves switching.

2. This entire formula is based on my already successful real practical experiences of exp training. On x/6/2021 to 31/8/2021, I used this fastest formula to grind billions of exp (long run = very reliable) to achieve my current status of Rank #1 Trainer. There are other guides out there released with pure theory crafting without real practical experience of using their setup, and what's worse is that, the people who released their formula never actually use their own formula on themselves. I shared my own fastest and best formula that I actually used to be successful, so please appreciate it. For proof, all pokemon I used to train with this guide's formula are in my ign g0lden's box.

3. This is objectively the single certain trainer who is the fastest/best way for exp training and coins of a day in a cycle, not subjectively, you can calculate in terms of amount of exp per battle, number of manual move switch, number of 0.5x types matchups of your pokemon from opponent's attack, number of OHKO & faints and other factors. Furthermore, my formula is actually very smooth, relaxing and easy-going.

4. Get any recommended pokemon from "search and offer" by searching them. Just offer a bunch of random legends or non-legends +spe on each pokemon (I went the harder way and successful - I offered many chrome/shiny non-legends no stat on each chrome pokemon +spe) and repeat this on many pokemon from different people at one time. Look for people with recent login date.

Identification of Which Day
My formula of identification of which day is as shown below. You could have easily created another way of identification of which day through any ultimate trainer.

Summary of 9 days cycle (Best Trainer/Fastest Formula of The Day):
Update 23/2/2023: All Steven days are finally eliminated! No need for VIP Steven anymore for exp training & coins (I hate VIP Steven). I realized this long ago, proof on Discord where I mentioned you can battle UT Ash in day 5.

There is a similarity for Day 2, 3 and 4 - you switch moves when you see the opponent has two psychic moves which are pink at the bottom of 2x2 moves shown. For Day 2 and 3, it is noctowl that has 2 psychic moves at the bottom, for Day 4, it is Mega Alakazam that has 2 psychic moves at the bottom.

The order of the best (most exp per time) day to the worst (least exp per time) day are as shown below:

So therefore, if you run into a situation where you are able to decide your days through planning, avoid skipping Bug Silver Day and Grass Silver Day since they are once in 9 days, and if you could plan to skip or rest or be busy for a day, skip the LDG Day.

Day 1 (Bug Silver Day)
Recommended Setup for UT Silver (Day 1):

Day 2 (Fighting Ash End Z-Move Day)
Recommended Setup for UT Ash (Day 2):
Note: It is not compulsory to use any 2nd pokemon slot in my guide. You may skip the 2nd pokemon slot and use all chrome fighting spe on the entire team. However, if you are aiming for the best of best speed and/or grinding billions of exp, you can use the 2nd pokemon slot, one 2nd pokemon will generally last very long, over a lot of 25m on first pokemon.

Day 3 (Fighting Ash Day 3)
Fire* = Wallace Fire Pokemon = Pure Fire, Fire+Normal, Fire+Dark, Fire+Fighting, Fire+Psychic
Fire+Flying and Fire+Bug are best to be trained on Day 3 (where UT Ash is the best) and worst to be trained on Day 8 because Dark Ludicolo.

Recommended Setup for UT Ash (Day 3):
Note: It is not compulsory to use any 2nd pokemon slot in my guide. You may skip the 2nd pokemon slot and use all chrome fighting spe on the entire team. However, if you are aiming for the best of best speed and/or grinding billions of exp, you can use the 2nd pokemon slot, one 2nd pokemon will generally last very long, over a lot of 25m on first pokemon.

Day 4 (Grass Silver Day)
Recommended Setup for UT Silver (Day 4):
For the best trainer of this day, UT Silver, you can use a dark class pure grass type pokemon as 2nd pokemon with only Frenzy Plant move, with one condition: your first pokemon must survive past opponent’s 2nd pokemon, if not, refresh the page to restart the battle. With this setup, you don’t have to switch moves as dark class provides extra power to 1HKO the mega alakazam without being super effective. Alternatively, you can also use a grass+fighting pokemon as 2nd pokemon with only Focus Punch move but the grass+fighting pokemon needs to be minimum +1 attack (for example: a virizion spe, no need +atk stat). With this setup, you don’t have to switch moves as +1 attack STAB focus punch will have about 90% OHKO opponent’s last pokemon. Between using dark class pure grass type and using grass+fighting, using a dark class pure grass type as 2nd pokemon is a better setup.

Day 5 (Fighting Ash Day 5)
Update 23/2/2023: All Steven days are finally eliminated! No need for VIP Steven anymore for exp training & coins (I hate VIP Steven). I realized this long ago, proof on Discord where I mentioned you can battle UT Ash in day 5.

Use exactly same setup (same moves and pokemon) as Day 3. In this case, you are using a STAB flying type to KO chrome pikachu, so don't need to worry and don't need to watch out for chrome pikachu.
Picture not updated for proof of my original 2021 formula, look at row 5 of trainer: it is UT Ash, that is currently the "Best of The Day" trainer for day 5.

If you have a Bug+Flying with minimum Atk Spe, UT Silver is the fastest and best trainer of the day.

Recommended Setup for UT Ash (Day 5):

Day 6 (Wallace Day 6)
Fire* = Wallace Fire Pokemon = Pure Fire, Fire+Normal, Fire+Dark, Fire+Fighting, Fire+Psychic
Fire+Flying and Fire+Bug are best to be trained on Day 3 (where UT Ash is the best) and worst to be trained on Day 8 because Dark Ludicolo.

Recommended Setup for VIP Wallace (6 pokemon) (Day 6):

Day 7 (Wallace Day 7)

Recommended Setup for VIP Wallace (6 pokemon) (Day 7):

Day 8 (Bug Ash Day)
Unless you are urgent and/or going for short-term, if you don’t have enough chrome/shiny Bug+Flying spe, you better save them for Bug Silver Day, and battle VIP Wallace over UT Ash.

Recommended Setup for UT Ash (Day 8):

Day 9 (Lance-DG Day)
Recommended Setup for VIP Lance (6 pokemon) (Day 9):
Note: It is not compulsory to use any 2nd pokemon slot in my guide. You may skip the 2nd pokemon slot and use all chrome water+rock spe on the entire team. However, if you are aiming for the best of best speed and/or grinding billions of exp, you can use the 2nd pokemon slot, one 2nd pokemon will generally last very long, over a lot of 25m on first pokemon.

FAQ
Q: What class should I use? And what are other obvious requirements for exp training?
A: Everything you see above in the tables, chrome class is considered as a default class for exp training, unless it is specifically mentioned otherwise (for example, in Day 4, you might want to use a dark class as 2nd pokemon for best performance). For exp training (which is different to Gmax Challenge and Trainer Challenge), the best class is chrome class, followed by shiny class due to its additional HP stat. In most cases, you won’t even notice the difference between a chrome class and a shiny class in exp training, although it does matter in one in few hundred battles which is negligible. For me, I used a chrome class just to have the best of everything. Next, to answer the second part of the question above, other obvious requirements for exp training are using a minimum +spe pokemon and having at least 2-3 pokemon in your team (more for ultimate trainers). Do not use a pokemon without spe for exp training. It is possible to train a non-spe pokemon, the trick is easy, is to battle VIP Phoebe since it has very weak attacks.

Q: Why is VIP Drake selected from the “everyday” trainers? Why not other VIP 5 pokemon?
A: I have tested and experienced all the VIP 5 pokemon, and I found VIP Drake to be the best exp per time ratio among all the VIP 5 pokemon, mainly because your first pokemon rarely ever fainted in VIP Drake using Pure Steel Type. Avoid VIP Phoebe because of the many turns flinching you will usually encounter in the first few turns which will slow you down by a lot compared to VIP Drake, although VIP Phoebe has the highest survivability rate for your first pokemon. Lastly, avoid VIP Glacia in inverse battle using non-stab freeze shock because the non-stab freeze shock doesn’t always OHKO opponent’s pokemon. I like VIP Flint too as I considered VIP Flint to be reliable, although it may not be the fastest.

Q: Is a chrome class really compulsory to use?
A: Only Lance (Day 9) and Ash (Day 2,3,4,5) need chrome/shiny class as first pokemon for exp training, other than these, chrome/shiny class as first pokemon is not compulsory. Chrome class is always the best for exp training but it is not compulsory and it has been emphasized more than needed, because of availability issues and limited slots in pokedex to avoid duplicates. Of course, if you have a lot of them and if you have good skills in getting them fast from trades or maps, it is better to use them, otherwise it is not as compulsory as other people advised, besides the 2 trainers I listed in the first sentence of this answer. For example: Chrome is considered overkill for Wallace as any 400HP class works good enough in Wallace. To take it even further, only Lance (Day 9) and Ash (Day 2,3,4,5) need minimum shiny class as 2nd pokemon. Other than these, there is no need for chrome/shiny class as 2nd pokemon in a team for exp training as it is a huge waste to just KO the last 1-3 opponent’s pokemon. For the best performance without wasting your chrome/shiny class, use a mirage class as 2nd pokemon if your opponent has shiny, otherwise if your opponent does not have a shiny pokemon, use a metallic class as 2nd pokemon. Only one mirage class as 2nd pokemon is needed, use metallic class for the 3rd and 4th pokemon in your team. In short, a chrome class is not as compulsory as many other people emphasized, other than the 2 trainers I listed in the first sentence.

Update 23/2/2023: All Steven days are finally eliminated! No need for VIP Steven anymore for exp training & coins (I hate VIP Steven).

Q: Why can’t I defeat the entire trainer’s team with my only 1 pokemon?
A: There is no such thing as 100% win rate for using only one pokemon to defeat the entire trainer’s team, unless of course you are battling other weaker trainers. Even VIP Phoebe and VIP Drake, which have the highest survivability rate for your first pokemon, are never 100% win rate for using only one pokemon to defeat the entire trainer’s team. You can get fake out flinched from 100% to 0% HP left in VIP Phoebe (which is why I suggest avoiding battling VIP Phoebe), and although your first pokemon rarely ever fainted in VIP Drake, it can happen too, there is no such thing as 100% win rate. This is why you will always need a 2nd pokemon or more pokemon as a backup for exp training, especially in the case of ultimate trainers, you will need more backup pokemon in your team for a long-run comfortable exp training. A minimum 1-2 pokemon as a backup pokemon in your team is a must for exp training for all cases, it is more compulsory than using a chrome class for exp training. For me, I often used 6 pokemon in my team for a 6 pokemon opponent and 5 pokemon in my team for a 5 pokemon opponent as this is to feel comfortable and have the best of everything (Note: to avoid additional scrolling, you shouldn’t have more pokemon in your team than your opponent).

Q: Are there other trainers that you can battle everyday besides the commonly seen VIP 5 pokemon?
A: Yes, there are, in theory, but they are not practical, they just don’t work. It is using a dark-class STAB explosion in inverse battle by battling any ultimate trainers (or VIP champions), except when they have a chrome non-rock/steel/ghost and a negative rock/steel/ghost in one team. If they have either one chrome non-rock/steel/ghost or one negative rock/steel/ghost, switch to super effective Z-Move on it

Please note that most of all these writings are completed writing more than 1 year ago (September 2021). All tables for all list of trainers from day 1 to day 9 remains unchanged since Sep 2021, everything is still the original fastest formula from Sep 2021. This guide is released as a celebration of my first to reach 500,000 battle wins on 19th October 2022 and originally as a celebration of my 6x Rank #1 on August 2021.

23/10/2022: this guide was published to forum for the first time, proof: https://i.imgur.com/ezqhooc.jpg, guide republished to forum on 03/03/2023.
x/6/2021 - 31/8/2021: The real exp training practical experiences for billions of exp took place with this fastest formula with the first Patreon subscription after the new update of exp halves every 100k battle wins. 1st to reach 300k and 350k battle wins in this period.

Written by,

My IGN is G0lden (Main Account)

Copyright Notice
Copyright 2021-2023 G0lden All Right Reserved

No part of this guide may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher.

Only provide the URL (https://f.pkmn.pw/6/27818) of this guide if you wish to share this guide.
Last edited by g0lden on Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:11 pm, edited 8 times in total.
g0lden

paarth121

Post by paarth121 »

thanks for this guide
I love to trade
Pm me at⏬⏬⏬⏬
paarth121

g0lden

Post by g0lden »

paarth121 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:03 pm thanks for this guide
You're welcome! :)
g0lden

Prajin_56

Post by Prajin_56 »

Thanks for this guide

DevourAngels

Post by DevourAngels »

Thanks for making this guide. You have done an excellent job.