Guide: Creating Effective Teams with Skills for Live Battles/PVP

All posts discussing the game go here
Heodenings_Waltz

Guide: Creating Effective Teams with Skills for Live Battles/PVP

Post by Heodenings_Waltz »

March 05, 2024
-Added the names of pokemon belonging to the specified type under Pokemon Type. This will remove the question 'can you list all pokemon under (insert pokemon type)?'

January 25, 2024
-Added 'Pokemon Type Table' that has the full list of pokemon types with suggested attacks.
-Replaced old pokemon type icons into newer ones.

September 29, 2023
-Thanks to the recent update, we now have 150 attack power of Steel-type. Added 'Gigaton Hammer' in the table of pokemon attacks section.

Hi, Good day.

I would like to share some suggestions about Live Battles in DelugeRPG.

Notes:
  • Legendary pokemon, Mythical pokemon, Mega evolutions and G-Max pokemon tend to have slightly higher attack and defense. (Note that these boosts to attack and defense do not stack up with each other. Meaning a Mega evolution of a Legendary pokemon will not get the boost twice.)
  • If both pokemon have +spe stat or both pokemon doesn't have +spe, it will be a toss coin who will go first. In other words, it's random.
  • A pokemon with +spe will attack first versus a pokemon without +spe.
  • Attack accuracy is not implemented as of this writing.
  • Importantly, to know very well the Type Chart for Live Battles/PVP. Every turn wasted is at your disadvantage.

Pokemon Stats:

This will depend on the rules given in your Live Battles/PVP. If there is no such rule, your pokemon should have at least +spe. Better if +Atk +Spe or +Def +Spe. Best if +Atk +Def +Spe.

Pokemon Classes:

Each of them will have significant role against your opponent's pokemon in live battles. Be mindful of the type chart if you are planning to use Negative class.

Pokemon Types and Names:

Here, we have all possible pokemon type/s with the least weakness (with only 1 and 2) while having multiple attack type advantages. 'NEG' means Negative class.

Pokemon Types Summary:

This is the summary of the tables above. I made rankings based on the number of attack type advantages. Rankings with 1st, 2nd and 3rd have lots of attack type advantages with minimal number of attack type disadvantages. I also included rankings 4th and above in case you don't have those pokemon mentioned in higher rankings. You can see two spots for 1st rank because the first one is for the pokemon with 1 weakness while the other is for the pokemon with 2 weaknesses. Same goes with the 2nd and 3rd ranks.

Pokemon Type Table:

Note that no particular set of attacks are best for all situation. First thing we should do is to put attack/s that will trigger Same-Type Attack Bonus (S.T.A.B., https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Same-type_attack_bonus). In these table, I used a Mirror Type match approach (since in live battles, you can not pinpoint the exact pokemon of your opponent) on picking the 3rd and 4th attacks (and few 2nd attack for pure/single type pokemon). It means, I chose the weakness/es of the pokemon you will use.

Let's use dual type Normal and Flying as an example. The 1st attack is **Explosion and 2nd attack is Sky Attack to trigger S.T.A.B.. The 3rd attack and 4th attack are Ice Burn and Rock Wrecker since our example is weak against those attacks. In the the 5th column, you may see a 'Note'. In this case, you'll see '3RD-4TH BOLT STRIKE' written in dual type Normal and Flying. It means, you can put Bolt Strike in either 3rd or 4th attack spot. All attacks that you may see in 'Note' part are also the weakness/es of the said pokemon type.

You may also see an attack with two asterisk on its upper left part. It means it has other attack name with the same attack power. For example, **Explosion (Normal) has the same attack power with Giga Impact (Normal) and Hyper Beam (Normal). You can also use either of them. Please refer to the Pokemon Attack Dex Summary for the list.

Pokemon Attack Dex Summary:

This is the summary of all highest attack type, including Z-move, that you can choose. Again, Attack Accuracy is not implemented as of this writing.

Thank you for reading. Good luck and have fun.
Last edited by Heodenings_Waltz on Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
Heodenings_Waltz StorageOfHeodenings_Waltz

GodKiller1234567

Post by GodKiller1234567 »

Gonna help. Thank you sir!
Wsg

paarth121

Post by paarth121 »

this is actually helpful
ty
I love to trade
Pm me at⏬⏬⏬⏬
paarth121