custom variants of lugia

You may not receive any response from the admin.
Note that the game is not being actively developed for quite sometime now. Any updates will be few and far in between.
Inactive threads older than a year are automatically deleted.
Forum rules
  • You may never receive a response from the admin if you post here.
  • Your suggestion may never be implemented.
  • Do not message the admin about your suggestion or thread.
  • Suggestions are not a popularity contest. Lots of people liking an idea has no bearing on whether it will be added.
  • Post in this section only if you understand the above.
  • Threads older than one year are automatically deleted.
paarth121

custom variants of lugia

Post by paarth121 »

its basically whats in the title
lugia already has 2 extra variants, so more would be good

drallyowl

Post by drallyowl »

a few counter-arguments:
first off, those two variants are special forms that appeared canonically in official games.
secondly, those two are already arguably anomolies which the game could do without (why not just have those be the shiny and shadow forms of lugia, rather than them being separate forms?)
thirdly, and arguably the most important, see point 1: there are no additional forms of lugia to implement beyond those two.

on the other hand, an argument for adding some other lugia forms is that if enough are implemented for each class to have a special form of lugia, it would mean they could then be combined into a single "special lugia" entry in the dex, making it less cumbersome to track

paarth121

Post by paarth121 »

drallyowl wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:45 pm a few counter-arguments:
first off, those two variants are special forms that appeared canonically in official games.
secondly, those two are already arguably anomolies which the game could do without (why not just have those be the shiny and shadow forms of lugia, rather than them being separate forms?)
thirdly, and arguably the most important, see point 1: there are no additional forms of lugia to implement beyond those two.

on the other hand, an argument for adding some other lugia forms is that if enough are implemented for each class to have a special form of lugia, it would mean they could then be combined into a single "special lugia" entry in the dex, making it less cumbersome to track
but i believe i have a better counter to that,
A NEW LUGIA!

drallyowl

Post by drallyowl »

i'd rather a new species entirely. yes, lugia is cool, but so what? I find it odd that lugia is the only pokemon on the site to have not one but two unique forms that are limited to a single class. no other pokemon has any such forms.

Raysofdoom716

Post by Raysofdoom716 »

we need rainbow ho-oh