Why is Selling Accounts Not Allowed?

New to the game? Have any questions about the game that were not addressed in the FAQ or the Questions Page? Ask them here
Forum rules
Please do check if your question is already answered in the FAQ or the Questions Page

And use proper titles that are helpful to other people looking for an answer to the same question
Br0wnK1d

Why is Selling Accounts Not Allowed?

Postby Br0wnK1d » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:36 pm

Hello all,

Let me begin by saying that I have read the in-game rules and follow them to the best of my abilities. I understand that selling accounts is a bannable offense, however I would like to know the reason why. If someone no longer plays but is say a top 300 player with incredibly rare pokemon, why can they not sell their account to someone else who is willing to buy it? Even more so, if both people meet up in person to conduct the transaction and it goes smoothly - that offline event has nothing to do with the game itself, just an ownership change of accounts.

Please note, I have no intention of selling my account. I just re-read the rules earlier today and saw that was one of the rules, so it gained my curiosity. I understand it states in the rules that you cannot sell your account, but I'd like to know the reasoning behind it.

Thank you

d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Re: Why is Selling Accounts Not Allowed?

Postby d1g1t » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:19 am

Because there always are some complications or the other. And people expect me to resolve that. There are hundreds of ways for either party to screw over the other.

For what its worth, its not really a change of ownership. You don't own it the way you own the candy you purchased at a shop. You're only allowed access.

Br0wnK1d

Re: Why is Selling Accounts Not Allowed?

Postby Br0wnK1d » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:05 pm

Thanks for the response, that clears up a lot!

I'm appreciative when game devs take the time to properly respond to genuine questions rather than say "my game my rules."

I hadn't thought of the ownership/access point until you mentioned it. That's really interesting.

Return to “Questions”