[Future Changes] Forme Insconsistencies and Gen 7

All posts discussing the game go here
d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

[Future Changes] Forme Insconsistencies and Gen 7

Postby d1g1t » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:15 pm

So we've had some inconsistencies going on with pokemon formes for a while now. Such as all pre Gen 6 formes being separate pokemon and most Gen 6 formes being treated as simply alternate sprites.

I have decided to convert all these separate forme pokemon into alt sprites (which will simply be called 'formes' in the future). I had actually intended to do this with Gen 6, but never got around to it.

Why?
Firstly because of the sheer number of uniques. With a new gen to be added, and 10 classes, the total could go well beyong 10k. Having too many pokemon in a single account slows things down. Pages would load slower. Search would be slower.
Its intimidating to new users who expect having to catch 700 odd unique pokemon per class, then have to collect 100-200 formes they don't particularly care about.
Its also difficult for the game to manage some formes are different pokemon and some as alt sprites.

Which pokes are you talking about?
A simple way to tell these pokes are with the brackets in their names. Pokes like Unown, Arceus, Castform, Deoxys, Rotom etc. Yes, this will include legendaries that have formes

What does it mean for the players?
If you have already collected some of these separate formes, your unique count will fall. These pokemon will still be in your account, and they will still be available in the maps to catch. They will just not be considered as a separate pokemon. For example, this means there will only be a single unown in the pokedex. And you won't have to catch them all. This is how Gen 6 pokemon with formes like vivillons currently work in the game.

What about Megas?
These will be an exception to this change. Megas and Primals will remain as they are.

When will this change happen?
Making these changes involves a lot of work, so I'll probably be doing this along with the Gen 7 update which should be in a couple of months.

When are the new pokemon going to be added? How will Z-Moves work?
While the game is already out in some places, sites we get our data and info from are still being updated. We also have to wait for the sprites to be created. We'll most likely be using sprites from the smogon sun/moon sprite project like we did with Gen 6. And as for any new mechanics, I don't know yet. I'll be getting the games this week and I'll probably have a better idea of whats new once I play them.
Admin of DelugeRPG. (Contact Info)

sandwich-

Re: [Future Changes] Forme Insconsistencies and Gen 7

Postby sandwich- » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:10 pm

Really not a big fan of this change i really liked collecting all the diffirent formes but maybe thats just it gave a game a much more time of gameplay atleast what i would like is to be made to collect the sprites in some way and to have them some kind of importance maybe a spritedex or something like that.

glassdoor

Postby glassdoor » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:00 am

Great Idea

Firefly

Postby Firefly » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:21 am

i'm looking forward to all the new artwork and pokémon around the site! ^^ i don't know if combining all the formes is necessarily a good idea per se, but i could live with that.
is there an approximate release date for the updates to deluge?
Altice in-game! Please feel free to message me if I don't respond right away~ Thank you! c:

DarkShinyLugia

Postby DarkShinyLugia » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:01 am

Will this only affect forms that don't have gameplay value (i.e. Therian forms, Genesect, Unown, Deoxys for this game's purposes) or will it also affect forms that have type differences and different STABs as a result?

EDIT: In addition (and I know it's too early to ask, the answer will probably change between now and the update), would this affect Alolan forms? We don't have all the information on Gen 7 yet, but it can't hurt to ask.

d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Postby d1g1t » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:46 am

DarkShinyLugia wrote:Will this only affect forms that don't have gameplay value (i.e. Therian forms, Genesect, Unown, Deoxys for this game's purposes) or will it also affect forms that have type differences and different STABs as a result?

EDIT: In addition (and I know it's too early to ask, the answer will probably change between now and the update), would this affect Alolan forms? We don't have all the information on Gen 7 yet, but it can't hurt to ask.

All forms except megas. Yes, this will affect alolan forms.

I'm doing my best to make it so this change effectively affects nothing other than unique counts. Form names will be visible for all pokemon, so people no longer need to guess based on the sprite or its filename. Forms will be easier to search. For example, searching 'unown' will show all unowns, but searching 'unown (a)' only shows that. I will be trying to make it possible to ask for a specific form in quicktrade too.

As for the spritedex someone mentioned, I did consider it, but it doesn't help us with the problem of people hoarding too many pokemon in a single account. Perhaps in the future when better hardware is available for cheaper.

Until then people could create a secondary account if they wish to showcase all the formes they've collected. I've seen a few people do this for the vivillons
Admin of DelugeRPG. (Contact Info)

risingstar

Postby risingstar » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:22 pm

It will be exciting

emily1210

Postby emily1210 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:10 pm

Are the Z-moves going to be like separate Moves or will they be a whole concept altogether?
Mew: Just to make things clear, I don't approve any of this. Everything this kid does sucks, this signature sucks too.

Please, just ignore Mew. Why don't you click my trades instead? viewtopic.php?t=6388

Mew: You're a terrible, and I mean terrible, conversationalist. You don't just tell people to click stuff, especially not your terrible trades.

Shut it Mew.

_Domo_

Postby _Domo_ » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:05 am

Can we get a filter for uniques like @legends?
Hi i'm Ryan
LookingFor
Shiny/Chrome BS/TS and Legends
Shiny Pachirisu<---Click4User

LHFF

Postby LHFF » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:13 am

Well, d1g1t, you said earlier that there won't be a sprite dex in the game... but, is it possible for you to make a sprite "list" inside the Pokemon's dex entry, like the one we have for Vivillon, for example, so it gets easier for us to see which sprites we have and which we don't? And, since we're talking about alternate sprites, how about gender differences? I remember you telling somewhere, I don't remember if it was on the forums or the chat, that you wanted to add a male/female "id" to the Pokemon, so it gets easier to identify them... will that be added? And, if it does get added, will that affect those Pokemon that only evolve if they are female, like Combee and Salandit?

Return to “Game Discussion”