[Changes] STAB fix and Attack Damage

All posts discussing the game go here
d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

[Changes] STAB fix and Attack Damage

Postby d1g1t » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:45 pm

Despite what I've been saying in the forums, it turns out STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) calculation was actually broken, and has been for a while. This will be fixed in the next update. To slightly counter this boost in damage, there will be a chance of your attack doing a bit less damage.

What does this mean?
  • Attacks that are the same type as the Pokemon using it will do 50% more damage. (This was always supposed to happen, but was broken)
  • There is usually a variation of 10% in the damage dealt (between 90% and 100% of its max potential damage). This will be changed to 15% (between 85% and 100% of its max potential damage)

I hope this will encourage people to equip their pokemon with STAB moves instead of only using moves with the max power.

Note:
These changes will most likely be happening over the next 24 hours.
Remember STAB will also be applied to your opponent's attacks, so some gyms and trainers may battle you more aggressively.

P.S: I'd also like to apologize for my various posts on the forum saying STAB was working correctly in the game until now

Edit: Update is live. https://www.delugerpg.com/updates#d20160829 . Report any bugs in the updates forum viewforum.php?f=20
Admin of DelugeRPG. (Contact Info)

Serecola

Re: [Upcoming Changes] STAB fix and Attack Damage

Postby Serecola » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:02 am

Hopefully, exp training wouldn't be as hard :p

ExWhy

Re: [Upcoming Changes] STAB fix and Attack Damage

Postby ExWhy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:23 am

I didn't notice much, but thanks for informing everyone about this c;
My thread with all of my pokemon! >>> viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4960&p=20931#p20931
Need help? Message me here >>> viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5022
Tips for Beginners >>> vietopic.php?f=6&t=5050
Mega Venusaur TS is not for trade!
ExWhyExWhyStorage

Enceladus

Re: [Changes] STAB fix and Attack Damage

Postby Enceladus » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:51 pm

Now, if our pokemon has a type weakness, trainers do a one hit KO. That's too bad for xp trainers like me. I strongly dislike this update, because it really made trainer battles a pain. I've been playing for a year. I love training xp. Why would you make the trainer battles harder? It's not even harder, it's impossible if our pokemon has a type weakness and trainer's pokemon is Chrome or Shiny or has Spe or Def. Yes, it becomes impossible to beat the trainer with a single pokemon that way. Why would you do that? Training xp was giving me fun and now it's a pain and makes me mad. I'm sick of that one hit KOs that the trainers do and I'm starting to lose my interest of playing Deluge because of this uptade. Everyone was happy, why would you change that? I'm demanding a turnback just before this update. I'm sure many xp trainers think like me.

Edit: Look how serious the situation is:

Chrome Zoroark used Foul Play. The attack was super effective. and dealt 701HP Damage. Shiny Girafarig fainted.
Nice one hit KO I got. Always like this. And this Zoroark doesnt even have +ATK.

Tolga

Postby Tolga » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:12 pm

Type match-ups now require more thinking.
Hope there will be more types on ultimate trainers soon.

I am positive about the update, things seems nice on my side, a bit strategy change; it goes well...

Have a nice day/night.

Rayorus

Postby Rayorus » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:18 pm

Enceladus, i explained to you in the chatroom how to counter your situation. 1. Use a different pokemon? Yes, you explained you want 25m on this girafarig, but you can't just train tomorrow when the Zororark won't be chrome? 2. Battle a different trainer. I myself train exp, i have over 100k wins to my name, yet i have no issue whatsoever with this update. If you battle Deluge, you only need two moves. Their Kingdra will NOT ohko you and neither will Sableye. Your pokemon will faint only when you are critically hit by Sableye or you are unlucky and both pokemon out-speed you. If that happens, you should have a second pokemon to finish the battle and your girafarig still earns over 16k exp.

This update was already supposed to be in effect, it's part of the real game, why shouldn't it be apart of DelugeRPG? Hope this helps you.
Account's i use: Rayorus Zooka

ExWhy

Postby ExWhy » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:03 am

Is this supposed to happen:
A level 4 psyduck can deal 101damage to my level 100 mega venusaur TS.(water v.s grass)
My thread with all of my pokemon! >>> viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4960&p=20931#p20931
Need help? Message me here >>> viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5022
Tips for Beginners >>> vietopic.php?f=6&t=5050
Mega Venusaur TS is not for trade!
ExWhyExWhyStorage

krishna9186

Postby krishna9186 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:35 pm

i didnt understand what is this STAB still nw
i am an indian and i m proud to be an indian :D :D :D
my fav poke :arrow: chrome arceus
my account name is krishna9186

Madman

Postby Madman » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:24 pm

krishna9186 wrote:i didnt understand what is this STAB still nw

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... tack_bonus
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA easter egg (?)
The morning sweet bird singing.

Magmarashi/AreYouEvenTrying/Madman

bhert999

Postby bhert999 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:14 am

T's great.... battle became more strategic, i like this.

Return to “Game Discussion”