Chat Alternatives made by users

d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Chat Alternatives made by users

Postby d1g1t » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:23 am

People can post a link to their chat alternative in this thread.
And not just a link to it. Introduce yourself. Post how long you've been participating in our forum/old chat. Why people should trust you to run your chat responsibly. And any other details you think might help.

You may only post the link here. You may put it in your signatures. You may show it in your profile message in game. But do not PM people asking them to join your chat. If you see someone asking in the forums about a chat. Send them to this thread. Do not advertise your chat directly in any other threads.

Disclaimer: None of the chats that may be posted here are affiliated with DelugeRPG. We cannot know what goes on in there or protect you from any of it. You are on your own. You may not report to me anything that happens in these chats.

All posts not providing the above information will be deleted. off-topic posts in this thread will also be deleted.
Last edited by d1g1t on Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:51 am, edited 9 times in total.
Admin of DelugeRPG. (Contact Info)

ItsTehCam

Re: People's Chat Alternatives

Postby ItsTehCam » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:50 pm

Hello,
Due to school and inactiveness of memebers our Deluge server has been shut.
The invite links work, but it has nothing to do with Deluge anymore, as none of us even seem to play much.
Synrah has a very good Deluge server, make sure you check it out.

Thank you for all the support and fun times, it was a great run while it lasted.

~~Cam
Last edited by ItsTehCam on Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
|-/

Synrah

Re: Chat Alternatives made by users

Postby Synrah » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:30 pm

Hello!
I don't know if anyone I used to know is still around or not, but I'm Synrah, or Dee to those who knew me beyond my screen name. I have been playing Deluge since May 7th, 2014, and used to spend a lot of time while hunting on the maps hanging out in the old Unofficial Chatroom. I made a lot of friends there, and it was helpful in finding trading partners. Anyway, I was on a bit of a hiatus while dealing with life, but now I am back and I was saddened to find out the chat feature was taken off the site. I understand the reasoning for it, but it was still sad to see, as I had a lot of good memories there.

Anyway, down to business. I see that others have posted chat alternatives, and I have peeked in on them, but I decided to try my own hand at hosting a chat dedicated to players of Deluge. I have become a rather large fan of the Discord platform and set up a server. I don't know if anyone would be interested, but I would be there daily for several hours (I do have a full-time job IRL so I can't be there 24/7). If enough people show interest and there is a need, then I would, of course, welcome some others to help moderate the channels.

There are dedicated channels for Trade, Battle, and even one for Events for little contests I will throw from time to time that will reward some rare Pokemon for the winner. I also included a Non-English category, although I won't really know what anyone is saying, so won't touch those channels much, but they are there for use to those who don't speak English or just prefer to speak in their native language.

Explicit Content Filter will be on, and rules are pretty much the same as you find here on the forum or in the game itself.

ItsTehCam covered pretty much how to work Discord for those who are unfamiliar with it in his post above. Mainly you just need to make an account (free and super easy, just need an email), and then click the link and bam, you're in.
Discord Server Invite: : https://discord.gg/9at9mbV
Discord is a free voice and text program originally aimed at gamers; although voice chat is available, it is not required. I was debating on including a voice channel at all, to be honest. If no one uses it I will probably remove it.

Anyway, I don't know if anyone will join me or not, but if you do, I am looking forward to meeting you.

Update:
A handful has joined the channel, so yay, but they just log in the one time then never log back in...

ItsTehCam explained a lot about the program in his post, but I would like to empathize on a few things.

Discord is a fun little program that is much lighter on your system the messengers like Skype and it's completely free. Those who don't want to download the program, you can use it through your browser, but I would suggest downloading it because I feel it is totally worth it. It can be minimized, resized, moved around, and you can tuck it off in a corner while you are doing other things (like hunting pokes on the maps) and still be able to see what's being said in the chat. They also have a free mobile app, so you can message your friends even on the go.

To really make full use of it, you need to log in one in a while... Or just stay logged in, which is what I do. Easist way is to download and run the program or phone app, which can run in the background until you want to check on them (you can turn on/off alerts/notifications), or leaving a browser tab open to Discord even as you go off to do other things. Not saying anyone HAS to do any of this, just saying if we want to get the channel really going, need a few people to actaully be there.

And even if you do close the program/app/browser tab, next time you log on, anything posted while you were away will be there waiting for you to catch up on.
Last edited by d1g1t on Mon May 07, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Redux

Postby Redux » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:19 pm

Hello and Good day to all active trainers!

I am not sure if anyone is still familiar with me but I am HollowSnow/ Diantias in game. I have been playing Deluge since June of 2014 and used a lot of my time playing the game while hanging out on the Unofficial Chatroom. After checking from the forums of the announcement of the closure of the chat due to certain reasons stated by game admin I was one of the people disheartened by its loss. Although I did not talk much, I was able to meet people in game, converse with them, conduct trades and be able to look forward to chatting with players from deluge whether they were active players, moderators of the chat, newcomers and casuals.

Now, I was looking for avenues to meet new players, old friends and old players/ veterans of the game and since there was no chatroom to make trades, chat and be able to meet new players i can understand the surge of people just logging in, checking messages or just stopping altogether due to the chat being no longer available. Then I checked forums and recently stumbled upon the different chat alternatives posted here and saw that one of my old friends and trading buddies Synrah was running a Discord Channel for Pokemon Deluge. Right now I have joined and I am currently seeing only a handful of people join. I would like to take this time for all interested players (whether your a new comer, a casual deluge player or even a veteran of the game, active top trainer, collector or simply an exp trainer or pokemon stat collector) we are welcoming you guys to join Synrah's Discord Server for Pokemon Deluge in order for players of Pokemon Deluge to have an active channel for chat, trades, battles, clan creations and healthy discussions. As Synrah mentioned above there are dedicated channels for Trade, Battle, and even one for Events for little contests which she (and if there will be more people joining), other users and moderators (provided we get more members) will throw from time to time that will reward some rare Pokemon for the winner and titles/ tags for people who will participate. She also included a Non-English category for non-English Speakers and included many more features to make your experience of joining the discord server worth it while playing the game. Plus it will be a great avenue for interested individuals to come down, converse and have a solid chill and hang out server much like before in Lucid Chat. Rules will be implemented (you can just check them out once you have joined the server).

All you need to do is join us on discord (link to the server below):
Discord Server Invite: : https://discord.gg/9at9mbV
Discord is a free voice and text program originally aimed at gamers; although voice chat is available, it is not required. Help us fill the server by joining us up so that we can launch events for discord members and be able to make a chat channel specifically for deluge players. We are looking forward to meeting you and here is to hoping you will join us.

To those having second thoughts on getting discord Synrah pointed out some things you will need to consider:
Discord is a fun little program that is much lighter on your system the messengers like Skype and it's completely free. Those who don't want to download the program, you can use it through your browser, but I would suggest downloading it because I feel it is totally worth it. It can be minimized, resized, moved around, and you can tuck it off in a corner while you are doing other things (like hunting pokes on the maps) and still be able to see what's being said in the chat. They also have a free mobile app, so you can message your friends even on the go.

To really make full use of it, you need to log in one in a while... Or just stay logged in, which is what I do. Easiest way is to download and run the program or phone app, which can run in the background until you want to check on them (you can turn on/off alerts/notifications), or leaving a browser tab open to Discord even as you go off to do other things.
And even if you do close the program/app/browser tab, next time you log on, anything posted while you were away will be there waiting for you to catch up on.

Also when you join us, we will be able (once we get tons of members) announce and make events and as mentioned award prizes to winners and participants.

Anyways, thats it for me. Do not worry. We welcome all players of Deluge RPG (provided you follow the rules and regulations of the game), whether your a retired player looking for a place to chill, a casual looking for a clan/ friends to play and chat with while killing time in search for that stat pokemon you were after, a veteran looking for trades, collector in search for rare specimens, clans looking to do war, etc. I believe that if we fill the server we will be able to have a channel (much like before) to get things rolling for deluge players and make it be an avenue for chat. In addition, if we have this discord server made by Synrah be active (please do join us as we will be having events lined up soon), we will be able to fill it with active members and again have it be an active avenue for deluge players to chat and chill while grinding or looking for pokemon. Furthermore, it wont be "a dead server" as you assumed. Do not panic if people will not reply as we all have our lives outside game. People will chat as soon as they are active. Also as a side note, the discord server now is not only for pokemondeluge but we have added other channels on it for each member to enjoy the benefit of joining Synrah's server. You will not regret joining us. Lets make Synrah's Discord the Go-To Server for not Only POKEMON DELUGE CHAT for POKEMON DELUGE PLAYERS but to anyone wanting to join up for trades and chill!

- HollowSnow
Top Trainer/ Top Collector
P.S. I am advertising Synrah's server as I would like to invite each and every active deluge player, players who used to go to the Lucid Chat/ Unofficial Chatroom, Former Moderators of the Unofficial Chatroom, new and upcoming players, top trainers, top collectors, players who play different games other than Pokemon Deluge, players who play the official Pokemon Games, those who made their own alternative channels and some of the friends and people I have met over the years to come and join us in order to have a chat exclusively for Pokemon Deluge (to discuss topics, to chill while grinding and hunting pokemon, to be able to do battles, trades, to be informed of upcoming changes, news related to pokemon, clans, and make events and partnerships with people) and have Synrah's server be the place to hang much like when the Unofficial Chatroom was still up and running (and maybe even be better than what the Chatroom was like before). So yeah i encourage players to join us. See you all there! Will be bumping this post everyday and dont worry it wont be a dead server like you think. And to those who have made their own alternative channels, we will also welcome you aboard and maybe we can help each other out here on Synrah's Server to make it be a very active chatroom
Last edited by d1g1t on Mon May 07, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

d1g1t
DelugeRPG Admin

Postby d1g1t » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:20 am

A reminder that you may not message random people with links to your chat in-game or on the forums
Admin of DelugeRPG. (Contact Info)

Eva1014

Postby Eva1014 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:37 pm

Hey d1g1t,

I'm a friend of ItsTehCam who made the former DelugeRPG Discord chatroom.
I was an admin of that Discord server but Cam had very little active members.
I was wondering if you could register my personal Discord server as an unofficial DelugeRPG chat
room in the forums. My server is super active and we have Pokemon themed roles. So it would be a perfect fit. Can you add my Discord server link to the list of Deluge chats for Discord?

https://discord.gg/3EJYrx
Last edited by Eva1014 on Thu May 17, 2018 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vishal-rockstar

Postby Vishal-rockstar » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:17 pm

Electrode
Join us at the UnOfficial Chatroom of delugerpg on discord .
Introduction
Welcome to the UnOfficial Chatroom of delugerpg
We expect our members to have fun here :)

Why should you join?
We want to bring all the users together to a good platform. To discuss about their stats,trades etc.
We provide additional fun through different bots

Why we Made it?
Even though there are number of Chatrooms we wanted to maintain a unique style where users can get great fun

How to join?
Use this link:
https://discord.gg/MWrxACh

PikachuPoipole
Last edited by Vishal-rockstar on Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Chat”